Friday, March 9, 2012

Homeschool Binders and Magazine Files

Jen at IHeart Organizing issued a organizing "Project Pretty" challenge and I tackled it. I know I'm super late posting but here it is!
I Heart Organizing


 I have had these binders and magazine files for awhile.

We use them for holding homeschool papers and books. Purple is for my reference papers, pink is for Annaliese's weekly papers, blue is for Bryce's and Christopher is only two so for now his holds any papers I want to use in the future for any of the kids.

I started my project by making labels for the binders using Microsoft Excel (I know they are already color coded but labels are just so fun!). I measured the width of my binders and created the labels to fit into the end sleeves and printed them on cardstock for increased durability.


I used a popsicle stick placed behind the card stock to help me insert my labels into the binder sleeves. It helps keep the paper from bending and is easily removed after the card stock is in place.


I then measured my magazine folders and cut some colorful paper to fit.



This paper went perfectly with our family colors!

I used modge podge to affix the paper to the fronts of my files.

I created some labels for our workbook holders. Then I used a piece of scrapbook paper to affix my labels to and modge podged that onto the holders.



After all that I was left with a homeschool curriculum shelf that looked like this-
(Annaliese did not want me to remove her previous binder label, so it is now peeking out from under the new one, :D)

Who else has made an organizing supply pretty lately? Link up! 



1 comment:

  1. I love those type of fun fixes ... the shelf looks great! And I love your popsicle stick trick ... I have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete